Proverbs 7:7-8: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. My son, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother;
Proverbs 4:20-27: My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings.
21. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart;
22. For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.
23. Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.
24. Put away from you a deceitful mouth, and put perverse lips far from you.
25. Let your eyes look straight ahead, and your eyelids look right before you.
26. Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established.
Proverbs 13:3: 3. He who guards his mouth preserves his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.
Proverbs 2:6-7: For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding; 7. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;
Proverbs 8:32-33: "Now therefore, listen to me, my children, for blessed are those who keep my ways.
Proverbs 13:22,24: A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous. 24: He who spares his rod hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines him promptly.
Proverbs 14:26-27,33: In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, and His children will have a place of refuge.
27. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to avoid the snares of death.
Proverbs 17:1: Better is a dry morsel with quietness, than a house full of feasting with strife.
Proverbs 20:5-7: 5,20. Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out.
6. Most men will proclaim each his own goodness, but who can find a faithful man?
Proverbs 22:4-6: 4. By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches and honor and life.
5. Thorns and snares are in the way of the perverse; he who guards his soul will be far from them.
Proverbs 23:19-26: 19. Hear, my son, and be wise; and guide your heart in the way.
20. Do not mix with winebibbers, or with gluttonous eaters of meat;
21. for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and drowsiness will clothe a man with rags.
22. Listen to your father who begot you, and do not despise your mother when she is old.
23. Buy the truth, and do not sell it, also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
24. The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice, and he who begets a wise child will delight in him.
25. Let your father and your mother be glad, and let her who bore you rejoice.
Proverbs 29:15,17,22-23: 15. The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.
22. An angry man stirs up strife, and a furious man abounds in transgression.
Ephesians 6:1-4: 1. Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
2. "Honor your father and mother,'' which is the first commandment with promise:
3. "that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.''
4. And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.